Welcome to Remitbee, a Thamor Trading Corporation company.
Remitbee values the privacy of individuals and is committed to protecting and respecting the information of visitors to the website and individuals or entities that register to use products and services through its subsidiary website, www.remitbee.com.
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) govern how Remitbee (“Remitbee,” “we,” or “us”) interacts with visitors to the website and individuals or entities that register to use the products and services (“visitors,” “users,” or “you”) through the Thamor-subsidiary,Remitbee, Inc., website, www.remitbee.com, (the “Site”) and any of its subdomains, mobile applications, and related services (collectively, the “Services”).
By accessing or using any of our Site or our Services, you accept and signify your consent to the practices described in these Terms. If you do not agree with the policies and practices contained in this Terms, your choice is not to use this Site or the Services in connection with this Site.
- User Responsibilities.
By using the Site and Services, you agree to abide by all applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations, in connection with your use of the Site. You acknowledge and agree that your use of the Internet and access to the Site is solely at your own risk.
- Accounts, Passwords and Security.
You must be 18 years of age or older to use the Site and the Services. If, in your jurisdiction, the age of majority is above the age of 18, you must be above the age of majority in your jurisdiction to use the Site and Services.
You are wholly responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your account and password. You are wholly responsible for any and all activities that are conducted through your account. Please notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. Although Remitbee has taken measures to ensure the confidentiality of communications and materials transmitted to or from the Site, please understand that no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Number of Accounts
You cannot have more than one (1) account. If you accidentally create a second account, you must contact Remitbee customer support at +1647-689-2323 and ask to remove the duplicate account.Any infringement in this regard will result in a permanent suspension of all of your accounts.
- Identity Verification.
To comply with government regulations, we reserve the right to request additional documents and/or information in order to obtain, verify and record information about you. We may require that you provide us with identifying information such as soft credit check, address and date of birth, a bank statement within the last three (3) months, a utility statement such as gas, electricity or telephone bill, a dated photo of you holding an identification card, a copy of identification card such as driver’s license, health insurance card or a passport, etc. By using the Site and Services, you agree to respond to a verification call to the telephone number registered with your account or your current telephone number on file.
You authorize us to verify the information that you provide to us, including by obtaining information from credit reporting agencies or contacting such agencies regarding the existence or length of your credit file. You expressly agree that Remitbee uses the services of a credit reporting agencies that provides credit file information for identification purposes, such as Equifax Canada and TransUnion Canada. You expressly agree that Remitbee may transmit your personal information to such a credit reporting agency in order to verify your identity.
If the information you provide for your account is not satisfactory and does not meet our risk assessment criteria, we willdeny you our service and you will be refunded back you via your original payment method.
We may provide information about you and your financialtransactions to government authorities and law enforcement agencies. We reserve the right to report any suspicious financial transaction to the relevant government authorities including the law enforcement agencies.
You agree that Remitbee, in its sole discretion, may terminate your account or use of the Site or the Services, and remove and discard any content within the Site, at any time and for anyreason. You agree that any actions taken under this section may be effective without prior noticeto you.
- Copyright Information.
The Site and the Services contain copyrighted materials, trademarks, service marks, logos and other proprietary content, including, but not limited to, text, software, sound, photographs, images, videos and graphics (the “Content”). You are only permitted to use the Content as expressly authorized by Remitbee. Neither the Terms nor the use of the Site transfers rights, titles or interest in the Site or the Content to you. Third party licensors retain their respective Intellectual Property rights on and to the Site and Content.
- Restrictions on Use. We grant you a limited access and make personal use of this site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with our express written consent. This access does not include any resale or commercial use of this site or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this site or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This Site or any portion of this Site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent.
The Content featured on the Site and the Services, including information, software, text, design, images, video and audio, are owned by Remitbee, its licensors, providers of such material are protected by international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secrets, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
Remitbee permits personal use of the Sites and Services only. Content from this Site and the Services must not be reproduced, distributed, modified, made derivative of, publicly displayed, publicly performed, republished, downloaded, stored or transmitted by you.
Certain names, graphics, logos, icons, designs, words, titles and phrases on this Siteconstitute trademarks, trade names, trade dress and associated products and services of Remitbee or its affiliates or constitute trademarks, trade names, trade dress and associated products and services of Remitbee’s suppliers or other third parties and are protected in Canada and internationally and their display on this Site does not convey or create any license or other rights. Any use of reserved trademarks or Intellectual Property, in whole or in part, without prior written authorization of Remitbee, or such third party, is strictly prohibited.
- User submissions.
Message boards, chats and other public forums are intended to serve as discussion centers for users and visitors of the Site. These are public forums and any information that you post on the Site or through the Services may be seen by anyone on the Internet. Be fair and informative. In addition to the activities mentioned above, user comments may be removed at the discretion of the Remitbee for otherwise inappropriate behavior. Any user will have the ability to edit or delete their own posts after posting.
When posting information on the Site or through the Services, you warrant and represent that you either own or otherwise control all of the rights to the material, including without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input, or submit the material, or that your use of the material is a fair use. You agree that you will not knowingly and with intent to defraud provide material and misleading false information. You represent and warrant also that the material you supply does not violate these Terms, and that you indemnify Remitbee, its affiliates, agents, co-branders or other partners and representatives harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and disbursements) in relation to user submissions.
Comments and opinions expressed by users are those of their respective contributors, and do not necessarily represent the views of Remitbee.
In addition to the amount of each transaction, you agree to pay a service fee which must be paid by the same payment method than the transaction(“Service Fee”). We will not proceed with financial transactions until we have received the full payment of this Service Fee. You also agree to reimburse us for any charges, such as non-sufficient fees (“NSF”), chargebacks or other similar costs incurred by us in connection with your transaction.
Any funds for a transaction must be received before the cut-off time, which is at 8:00PM EST, to be processed the same business day that it is received. We may establish or change cut-off time at any time without notice. Any transaction received after the applicable cut-off time will be process as if they were received on the following business day. In the event that we proceed to a transaction prior to receiving the fund, you are still obligated to pay for that Transaction, and a failure to do so may and will result in collection proceedings.
You acknowledge that transactions may get delayed due to technical or maintenance issues of financial institutions and that we are not responsible for such delay.
We are not liable for funds sent to the wrong recipient if you provide incorrect or inaccurate information on this recipient.
In the event of a shortfall in the amount received by the Recipient, a complaint must be sent by email or by phone to Remitbee within five (5) business days. After this five (5) business days, Remitbee will not be obligated to investigate and/or rectify the situation.
We accept the following methods of payment (“Payment Methods”):
- Interact e-transfer – For funds to arrive on time, you must properly follow the instructions given during the payment process. In the event that there are excess funds, these funds will remain in your account to be used for future transaction.
- Bill payment – You can pay using bill payment offered at a participating bank. Note that there is a delay up to 72 hours for the funds to be sent and received by us. We are not responsible for any additional delays that may occur. Once the funds have been received and released, we will process the transaction.
- Interact online payment and Debit Visa – You must use only one account; no third party account can be used. If you use more than one account, the Transaction will be canceled and the fund will be returned to the original account. We are not responsible for any loss or discrepancy.
- Pre-Authorized Debit - By entering your Payment Method information into your account’s payment profile, you authorize us to debit your Payment Method for charges relating to your use of the Service (“PAD authorization”). This PAD authorization constitutes your agreement and authorization for us to debit your Payment Method and is effective as of the date you provide us with your Payment Method information. You acknowledge that this is a Personal PAD authorization drawn for the payment of goods or services related to your personal, household or consumer activity. You warrant to us on a continuing basis that all persons whose consent to debit the Payment Method agree to the terms of this Agreement and that the Payment Method information provided by you is accurate and complete. This authorization shall apply to any Payment Method entered into your payment profile and you authorize us to debit your Payment Method for all amounts owed to us from time to time for your use of the Service, including the Transaction Amount and any Service Fees.
- AS THE PAYMENT AMOUNT FOR THE SERVICE IS VARIABLE, YOU WAIVE ANY REQUIREMENT THAT WE GIVE PRE-NOTIFICATION OF ANY PAYMENT AMOUNT, THE DATES ON WHICH THE DEBITS WILL BE PROCESSED, AS WELL AS NOTICE OF ANY FUTURE CHANGES TO THE AMOUNTS OR PAYMENT DATES. You may cancel this authorization at any time by closing your Remitbee account. For more information on your rights to cancel a PAD agreement, you may contact your Financial Institution or visit www.cdnpay.ca. Cancellation of this authorization does not terminate this Agreement or relieve you of any obligation to pay all amounts owing to us by a method of payment satisfactory to us. You have certain recourse rights if any debit does not comply with this Agreement or is not authorized by you. You have the right to receive reimbursement for any debit that is not authorized or is not consistent with this PAD agreement. To obtain more information on your recourse rights, you may contact your Financial Institution or visit www.cdnpay.ca.
- Credit Cards -Remitbee does not currently accept credit card payment.
You authorize us to debit your Payment Method of all amounts owed to us for your use of our services, including the Transaction amount and the Service Fee. We are not responsible for fees imposed by your or your Recipient’s financial institutions.
- Cancellation and Refund.
You may cancel a transaction within thirty (30) minutes of initiating it. If the transaction is not sent for clearance, the transaction may not be canceled. All cancellation requests must be received by email using the registered email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any transaction that is not funded within 72 hours will be automatically canceled. If you initiate multiple transactions for multiple recipients, but you do not have sufficient funds for the total of these transactions, we will proceed with the Transactions in the order in which they were received.
Notransaction may be canceled if the recipient has already received the money. In the event of an unfunded transaction, you may cancel a maximum of one (1) overnight transaction in a month.
If you cancel more than one (1) overnight transaction in a month, you agree that the Service Fee will not be refunded and we reserve the rights to restrict the access to the services. These restrictions may be the need to obtain a code by telephone before being able to proceed to a transaction or the right to proceed to a transaction may be prohibited for a period chosen by us.
We will refund all transaction amounts and Service Fees that have not been received by the recipient. A transaction is considered completed when the recipient receives the money. If, for any reason, the money did not reach the intended recipient we will refund the money within ten (10) business days following our investigation.
In the event of a dispute on the amount or on the status of delivery, you must provide us with evidence such as verifiable bank statement or any other document that we may request at our sole discretion.
All refunds will be credited to the same Payment Method used to fund the transaction, except for e-transfer. In these cases, you will be refunded into your account and will be able to use the funds for future transactions.
If you are dissatisfied with our services, we will reimburse you the Service Fee you paid for the unsatisfactory transaction in the form of a credit that you may use for your future transactions.
- Choice of Law.
You agree that all matters relating to the access to, or use of, this Site or the Services shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without reference to its conflict of laws principles, and that you will comply with all such applicable laws.
Any dispute between us and you or any other person arising from, in connection with or relating to this Site, these Terms, any Transaction through this Site or any related matters must be resolved before the Courts of the Province of Ontario, Canada sitting in the City of Mississauga, and you hereby irrevocably submit and attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of those Courts in respect of any such dispute.
- Waiver and Severability.
The failure of Remitbee or Thamor to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severed and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remainingprovisions.
- Contact Information.
Should you need to contact the Thamor or Remitbee for any reason regarding these Terms, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail at:
Attention: Legal Department
107A Dundas St East
Last Updated April 2, 2019.